Friday, December 19, 2008

Washington Trip

On December 12th at 8pm we left for Washington. We had planned to leave earlier that morning, but I got sick late Thursday night. I guess it was a flu bug that lasted less than 24 hours. It took us about 9 hours to get there. The drive wasn't all that bad. The roads were clear besides in the mountain pass. There the weather changed quickly. Rain, snow, ice, wind....but we made it. We pulled in to my parents house around 4am Washington time. My sisters came too. One from Utah and the other from California.

Saturday was Chris and Melissa's wedding reception and family pictures. Everything turned out beautiful. I didn't get any pictures with my camera...must have forgot I had it. I'll post some later though.

Monday night Spencer and Kirsten got sick with whatever I had.

Tuesday night we celebrated Christmas. Dad read the Christmas story from the scriptures while the little ones got to act it out. Joseph was Samuel on the wall prophesying. Kaylee, Kiera, Kassidy were the three wise men. Mikenna was the angel. Zach was Joseph and Kirsten was Mary. (Sorry Ethan wasn't Jesus....he was sleeping during that part and later woke up). Caleb was a shepard that looked more like Yoda. After that we talked about the symbols of Christmas and their meanings...usually we read "Santa tell the children" but mom couldn't find the Santa bag. No worries though. We finished with singing "Away in a Manger" and naming gifts we are grateful for.



Wednesday morning we traveled back to Idaho. Ethan did great with both truck rides. He slept all but a hour or two of the trip. It's great to go on trips but its great to be home too.

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

I'm glad you had a great time! And I'm glad the roads were good for you. Oh - I like your new blog page too....looks good :)